Pagan Bikers of Yorkshire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A next year get together???

4 posters

Go down

A next year get together??? Empty A next year get together???

Post  Princess Laughton Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:02 pm

Hello

As you know Traveller has been trying to put together a ride out come holiday for anyone who is interested in getting on their bikes and going down south to take in the sights of those places of beauty we dont often see this end of the country.

Is anyone interested in getting together for a week next year and joining in and having a get together.

I thought we could set off on a Saturday riding down to Glastonbury and then staying at this wonderful bed and breakfast which has a spiritual feel and then spending sunday in glastonbury staying overnight and then monday morning setting off to avebury to spend monday and tuesday nights camping or B&Bing it just going to look at sights including stonehenge.

On wednesday and thursday do you fancy doing this

http://www.wheeldontwo.co.uk/

This is an off road centre with accomodation for us to have 2 days off road fun and just messing about again on bikes. You dont need a license so those amongst us who have travelled in car and dont ride can still do the off road stuff as bikes, equipment, and training will be provided.

On Friday we could do the coast and have friday night by the sea and then Saturday start our ride back home stopping for a tour of the wychwood breweries which make drinks such as Hobgoblin etc etc

If interested i will price this lot up etc etc and get a proper itinary together etc etc and try and get discounts if we go as a group anywere?

My Aunt Jen also has a holiday home i can use down there so that may be an option as well and i can get it cheap and it sleeps 8.

Anyone interested??? This will be sometime next year proberbly next september when the kiddies have gone back to school but i thought we may as well get the ball rolling as some people have to save off or book time off.

This will be a fun and exciting week i feel.

Love Helen xx
Princess Laughton
Princess Laughton
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://paganbikers.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

A next year get together??? Empty Re: A next year get together???

Post  Ravenshadow Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:14 pm

Hi

This sounds like a good idea, it might seem a long way off but like you say some people need to plan quite a bit in advance for getting time off. It would also help with saying some pennies for it too. So, I think its a great idea, so what does everyone else think? Smile

ravenshadow
xx
Ravenshadow
Ravenshadow
Twist and Go
Twist and Go

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Traveller Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:55 am

I'm up for it keep watching Long way round and its got me itching to set off somewhere again Smile
Traveller
Traveller
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post  Traveller Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:13 pm

so then we need a wish list of places we could visit, myself I love dorset which is full of cool places or there is cornwall which is a pagan paradise if you fight your way through all the craft shops, so anyother places

Also lets be sensible about how far we cover each day as it has to be fun and no one likes a sore arse everyday Smile
Traveller
Traveller
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Princess Laughton Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:03 pm

The task is then to now everyone put together a list of our places and the prices and maybe a stop off.

Good idea captain kev no one wants a sore arse. maybe we could break the journey up over 2 days??

Get your places on here and maybe a link to a website

Love Helen
Princess Laughton
Princess Laughton
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post  Traveller Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:01 pm

so we have Glastonbury, I like the giant at cern abbus and Maiden Castle an huge iron age earthworks these are both near dorchester. Then there is cornwall especiall around lands end know a great camp site there Laughing

So the next question is how long are we going for and how many adults kids etc Smile

Kev

http://www.maidencastle.com/

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/england/cerne-abbas-giant.htm
Traveller
Traveller
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

A next year get together??? Empty re next year get together

Post  treehugger Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:05 pm

i'm up for it, sounds like fun. treehugger
treehugger
treehugger
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenshadow Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi

Now it's starting to sound fun. We simply must, must, must go to the Chalice Well in Glastonbury cos it's ace !!!! Apart from that I am open to suggestions. Seems to be some good suggestions of places just so long as we get the route right and don't end up with a 400 mile trip back after seeing the sights.

Ravenshadow
x
Ravenshadow
Ravenshadow
Twist and Go
Twist and Go

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  treehugger Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:47 pm

or worse still getting seperated and lost like happens on so mmany of our club outings down here they get started ok but then someone gets their heads down and that's it and why is it always me and jon who get's to look after the rest of the abandoned we don't ever know where we're going either hehe
treehugger
treehugger
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post  Traveller Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:52 pm

we will have to be very good otherwise Helen will have a strop and we are all in trouble

well the easiest thing is to plan a couple of stops on the way back up then so come on where else can we go to...
Traveller
Traveller
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Princess Laughton Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:11 pm

Why would i have a strop???? Embarassed

Right then my little bikers we are getting some great ideas going. loving the idea of sitting on the cerne abbas giant as apparantly it brings fertility. My hubby has had zee snippy so this may prove to be an interesting idea?? lol! Do you think i could sue the fertility gods? or the NHS for there crap snipping?? that sounds a laugh to me. Anyway there is many a place down there i would like to go to so what i propse is that we keep putting ideas down here, chatting about it and in january/Feb time we have a get together and orgainse the trip so we can get some things booked etc etc. So far it looks likes

Me (helen)
mental Elf
Traveller
ravenshadow
treehugger
Jon

6 of us so far which is a great little number but there is room for more. if you want to go but donr know any of us then i suggest those who want to go and want to meet us we could have a get together at the pub??

I should organise a get togehter. watch out emails a newsletter may be coming trhough soon.

any hoo

Better get some work done.

Bye xx Very Happy
Princess Laughton
Princess Laughton
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post  Traveller Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:40 am

Right come on ladies and gents Smile where else, i have to say we seem to be heading south but there are alternatives we could head north do lindisfarne or even shock horror probe go to ireland.........

come on where would you really like to go and see

Kev
Traveller
Traveller
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  treehugger Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:48 pm

going up to scotland could be good a decent run and brilliant scenery also lots and lots of history
treehugger
treehugger
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post  Traveller Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:43 pm

Yes and somewhere a bit different lol just been a non starter this year due to one thing and another.

Is anyone going to the leathered in Lincoln??? What a Face
Traveller
Traveller
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum